A Look at the Best Dog Ramp Options of 2020Reading Time: 4 minutes
Dogs of all sizes and ages can benefit from a dog ramp. Dog ramps and stairs not only delay the onset of joint issues, but they can also ease the stress of loading and unloading a pet when taking a trip in your car. So, if you’re tired of constantly carrying your little fur baby onto your bed or if your old doggo can’t seem to climb into the car easily, then this article will cover all you need to know about purchasing a dog ramp.
Here Are the Best Dog Ramp Picks for 2020!
Both dog ramps and dog stairs are ideal for giving your fur baby that much needed boost! Whether that boost is up the couch, bed, or a car; you’ll find that pet ramps can become quite handy in the long-run.
A Look at Dog Ramps for Beds
A dog ramp comes in all different shapes and sizes. When choosing a ramp or pet stairs, it is important to consider both the weight capacity, structure, and portability of the product.
The PetSafe CozyUp Dog Ramp for Bed
If you’re looking for a pet ramp for beds then look no further! The PetSafe CozyUp Bed ramp is ideal for both dogs and cats. We easily consider this to be one of the best dog ramps out there because:
- This dog ramp can hold dogs up to 120 lbs (weight capacity) making it perfect for larger dogs.
- The PetSafe dog ramp is composed of heavy-duty, non-slip carpet making it ideal for senior dogs!
- Best of all, the PetSafe ramps are composed of solid wood with a cherry finishing. It not only is heavy-duty but it can also go well with most house furniture.
- The sizing for PetSafe CozyUp ramps are: 70″ L x 16″ W x 25″ H.
A Dog Bed Ramp with Stairs
The Dog Quality Pet Ramp for Bed
- It has a weight capacity of up to 120 lbs, making it an ideal choice for larger dogs.
- The ramp itself has a bonus feature! It is wide in length, has a gradual slope, and side rails. This not only adds sturdiness to the dog ramp, but it also helps older dogs feel more secure.
- Gentle Rise dog ramps are made from recycled material. The ramp itself is made of recycled, strong grip rubber and cushion. All of which improve pet mobility up ramps. So, this ramp is perfect for doggos with arthritis or joint problems.
Here are Some Dog Ramps for Cars
If you require dog ramps specific for cars, then check out our list below!
The PetSafe Happy Ride Dog Ramp for SUV Trips
- With a size of 47-87″ length and 20″ width, it’s a lot longer in length and extra wide compared to most dog ramps. Making it ideal for bigger dogs.
- This specific ramp has a weight capacity of 300 lbs! Perfect for those extra big doggos
- It’s completely portable! It can easily fit into your car, minivan, or SUV.
- Best of all it has a high-traction surface and side rails. Making it perfectly safe and secure.
The Original PetStep Dog Ramp for Car Trips
The PetStep folding pet ramp is our more affordable choice when it comes to dog ramps. These easy to use ramps are composed of plastic and have a weight capacity of 500 lbs. Like most pet ramps listed above, the PetStep is portable and easy to store!
The Rage Powersports Folding Ramp
Rage Powersports pet ramps are perfect for loading heavier dogs onto trucks, vans, and SUVs. The ramp itself is made with a pet paw safe high traction grip tape and it can hold a maximum of 250 lbs.
A Little Ramp for a Little Dog
If you’ve got a little doggo and don’t want to spend big bucks, then check out the Smart Pet Ramp Junior! It’s durable and portable but it can only hold the weight capacity of a small dog.
Other Pet Ramps: What About a Cat Ramp?
Now cats don’t really need ramps as they are pretty agile and can reach most places. Nevertheless, you will find that older cats or cats with mobility issues require a little boost. In cases like these, both dog ramps listed above and pet stairs can be used for your furry feline.
Get Crafty: Make a DIY Dog Ramp
How to Choose the Right Ramps for Dogs
Dog ramps come in all different shapes, styles, and sizes; so choosing the right one for your furry friend can be tricky. But, you need not worry! We’ve got you covered! Here we have created a little step-by-step guide on how to pick the perfect pet ramp.
- Older dogs Vs. young dog: First things first, it comes with no surprise that senior dogs, in particular, need that extra little help. As we already know, senior dogs are more prone to hip dysplasia or mobility issues. Thus choosing a folding dog ramp with no stairs is perfect for them! That said, most young dogs don’t require a dog ramp, however, if you do have a small dog then a ramp (stair or flat) can help give them a boost up the bed or a car.
- Look for easy storage! Some ramps can collapse and are thus easy to store. While others are more fixed in their structure. Remember to always look for portability and storage when picking a pet ramp.
- The weight capacity is crucial! Not all dog ramps have the same weight capacity. If you own multiple pets of varying sizes, it is crucial to stick with a ramp designed for the larger dogs.
- It’s all about the material of the step ramp! The material of ramps determines their durability and effectiveness. Ideally, choose a ramp that is made from aluminum or wood as these prove to be most durable. Finally, pick a ramp that has a high-traction, strong grip, and cushioning. This ensures your dog’s joints and paws remain well-protected.
Common Questions on Dog Ramp
All product and Company names are Trademarks™ or Registered® trademarks of their respective holders.
Disclosure: Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase CertaPet.com may earn a commission. Keep in mind that we link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission we receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.