We know that there’s nothing as tasty as your mum’s homemade cookies! Home-cooking brings nothing but pleasure to our lives. So, why not spread that tasty joy by making some homemade dog treats for Max! From DIY sugar cookies for dogs to grain-free treats, we’ll cover all you need to know about making the best homemade dog treats.
What are Homemade Dog Treats?
Homemade dog treats are delicious snacks pet owners choose to make for their pets. Homemade dog treats can range from anything such as DIY dog chews to biscuits, to even frozen treats for dogs.
But, are DIY Dog Treats Recipes Safe? Absolutely!
Homemade dog treats are simply DIY snacks you can feed your dog occasionally. Since you’ll know exactly what’s going into your homemade dog treats, you won’t have to worry about bad ingredients like:
- Artificial preservatives
- Artificial flavors
- Various meat or offal
It’s important to remember that most homemade dog treats need to be kept refrigerated or frozen. This is because due to a lack of preservatives, most homemade dog treats can last a few months in the refrigerator alone.
5 Reasons Why You Need to Start Making Healthy Dog Treats
- It’s easy as pie: Creating your own homemade dog treat can be fun and easy to do. This is because, regardless of what you create, most dogs will undoubtedly love your home recipes.
- You’re the boss: Hate seeing the crazy list of ingredients in dog treats? Pup owners who make their own dog treats will not only have full control over what goes into their recipe. But, they can also control the quality of each ingredient.
- Baking home cooked dog treats is affordable:
- It can be therapeutic: Sometimes our busy lives get the better of us! But, if we choose to take some time off by baking cookies for our dogs then this can be quite rewarding for our mental health. Like they always say…happiness is homemade.
The Easiest Christmas Dog Treat Recipes to Put Under Your Christmas Tree!
When the sweet smell of spices is in the air that’s when you know its Christmas time. Well, this Christmas season be sure to try out these jolly homemade Christmas dog treats.
The DIY Not so Sugar Sugar Cookies
Alright, sugar is not good for dogs. So, we can’t really make sugar cookies for dogs! But, we can feed them the doggie version of this iconic Christmas treat. To make this homemade dog treats all you need it:
- 2 Cups of Coconut flour or all purpose flour
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups of Unsweetened applesauce
- 2 to 3 tbsp of honey (Yes, dogs can eat honey too)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of Peppermint oil
Mix the flour, applesauce, eggs, cinnamon, and peppermint oil in a large bowl. Once a proper dough has formed, roll out the dough to about a 1/2- inch thickness. Using some cute cookie cutters, cut into the dough! Place the cookie pieces on parchment paper and bake till light gold.
A Hassle-Free Dog Biscuit Recipe Using CBD Oil!
We’ve all heard it before! CBD oil for dogs has been making its way across the doggie world. CBD oil is a natural anti-inflammatory and immune booster for dogs. It not only helps relieve mild pain, but it can also help with dog anxiety and more!
So if you think this is just what your boy Max needs for his separation anxiety, then you’re in luck! Honest Paws has created some of the scrumptious CBD oil dog treats money can buy.
- Honest Paws Calming Dog Treats: If you’ve got a dog who loves crunchy treats then you gotta get them this one! Honest Paws Calming Dog Treats contains nothing but the best CBD oil, malted barley, peanut butter, and barley flour for dogs. At only $24.95 this delicious dog treat can not only satisfy your dog’s cravings but it can calm those anxious nerves.
- Honest Paws Joint Support: If you’ve got a dog with joint problems then you gotta get them this delicious chew. The Honest Paw soft chew contains pure CBD extract, glucosamine, chondroitin, and Boswellia. Working together, these ingredients will help reduce inflammation and pain caused by joint problems.
Homemade Grain-Free Dog Treats
Does your dog have really bad sensitivity to grains? If you’ve answered yes to this question then don’t worry! We’ll solve your problems with this spectacular homemade grain-free dog treat recipes.
The Frozen Banana Madness Grain-Free Dog Treat
All you need for this recipe is:
- 1 medium banana
- Honest Paws CBD Oil infused Peanut Butter
- 1 Carrot
- Ground up chicken
To make this yummy dog treat begin by blending in the carrot, banana, and chicken together. When well combined you can slowly mix in the peanut butter! This peanut butter will act as a binding agent and keep things together.
Take the mixture and roll them into balls. You can place these balls in the freezer!
And, there you have it! These frozen banana balls make the perfect dog treats on a hot summers day.
Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Treats
Savory and sticky! All dogs simply love peanut butter. So, if you’ve got a pooch who can’t get enough then you gotta try this delicious peanut butter homemade dog treats.
Peanut Butter Biscuits for Dogs
For this no-bake recipe, all you need is:
- Honest Paws CBD oil infused peanut butter
- Pumpkin puree
- Chicken mince (or your dog’s favorite canned food)
Simply mix all the ingredients together until you are able to form a mouldable dough. To help get a thick, yet smooth consistency you can add the water gradually. Begin to form balls from the dough. You can roll the balls in more oats to ensure the balls will not stick to surfaces. Finally, place the balls in an airtight container and freeze.
Pumpkin Dog Treats for Pups with Diarrhea
Pumpkin is a great way to relieve diarrhea in dogs. So, the next time Max gets diarrhea to make sure you have this delicious pumpkin dog treats at hand.
Soft Pumpkin Bakes
All you need for this recipe is:
- Organic pureed pumpkin
- Creamed organic baby food chicken. Yes, you can purchase baby food that’s chicken flavored. Just make sure that it contains no harsh ingredients.
- Cream of wheat or ground up oats
Before you start the whole process, set your oven to 350 degrees F. Now, this is a simple recipe, all you need to do is combine all the ingredients until a mouldable dough has formed. Remember, not to add too much of the dry ingredients as this can result in a harder cookie.
Once the dough has been mixed thoroughly, wet your hands and begin to form small ball shapes of the dough. Place all formed cookies on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Then using a wet fork, gently press the balls until they are flat. Finally, place the cookie tray in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
The cookies should be ever so lightly brown.
Honest Paws for Dogs: The Simple 3 Ingredient Dog Treats You Need to Try
If you don’t want to spend too much money on homemade CBD oil dog treats then why not make your own! This simple 3 ingredients homemade dog treat recipe is so easy to make, it’ll blow your pup’s mind away!
All you need it:
- Honest Paws CBD-Infused Peanut Butter
- Frozen carrots
Start by shredding the carrots and combining them with some Honest Paws CBD-Infused Peanut Butter. Once combined thoroughly, mix in some oats! Once the mixture has become thick and dough-like you can simply make a few balls and freeze!
Don’t Make Dog Treats? 3 Affordable Christmas Puppy Treats & Chews
If baking is simply not your cup of tea, then don’t worry! Your pooch can indulge in these healthy puppy treats and chews found on Amazon.
- Full Moon Savory Stick: All natural and grain-free! These puplicious chicken sticks contain nothing but the best for your furry-friend. In fact, they are soo good that you even you may sneak a bite.
- V-Dog Breath Bones: Got a pup with bad breath? The V-Dog Breath bones is a natural dog chew that’s made from 100% plant-based ingredients. Vegetarian or not! Every dog is sure to love these veggie dog treats
- Native Pet Yak Chews: Got a dog who loves to chew? The Native Pet Yak Chews contain simple ingredients like yak milk, salt, and a bit of lime juice. This delicious grain-free dog chew is perfect for doggos who love chewing!
Homemade Dog Treat Recipes Are Fresh, Yummy, and Fun for the Family!
Homemade dog treats are a great way to add excitement to your dog’s life. So, this Christmas why not add something special why not add a tasty homemade dog cookie to your pets stocking!
Common Questions on Homemade Dog Treats
How long do homemade dog treats last?
Can I freeze Dog Treats?
What can I use to go with my homemade dog treats?
All product and Company names are Trademarks™ or Registered® trademarks of their respective holders.
Disclosure: Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase CertaPet.com may earn a commission. Keep in mind that we link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission we receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.