5 Ways to Celebrate National Love Your Pet Day 2020Reading Time: 3 minutes
National Love Your Pet Day is the perfect time to show your pet you love them! In this article, we will cover all you need to know about National Love Your Pet Day and the many ways you can celebrate this wonderful day.
When is National Love Your Pet Day 2020?
When it comes to owning a pet, there’s no doubt, that it is a very special relationship. Our furry friends not only give us the companionship we need but they also teach us about patience and love. So, every February the 20th we celebrate our appreciation for our fur babies by celebrating National Love Your Pet Day!
A Look at Fun Facts of National Love Your Pet Day 2019
- Last year, in the USA alone, we found out that 67% of households owned a pet.
- In 2019, the most owned pets include freshwater fish, cats, dogs, and birds.
- The most popular pet in the USA as of 2019 were freshwater fish! Cats only ranked second!
- Pet birds were the 4th most popular pets in the USA.
5 Ways to Celebrate Your Furkids
Pamper Your Pooch
Splurge on Some Toys and Treats
Spend Some Quality Time with Your Pet
Social Media Bragging Rights!
If there is one day you can brag about how adorable your pet is then it is National Love Your Pet Day! Whether you do it through Facebook or Instagram, share some photos of your companions enjoying their day. Now, don’t feel like you’re bragging about your pet! Instead, you can think of it as sharing your pet’s love with those who don’t have a dog or cat to celebrate National Love Your Pet Day with.
Pay it Forward: Show Shelter Animals Some Love
6 Other National Days in February You Should Know About
National Love Your Pet Day isn’t the only national day in February. Here are some more days to keep in mind.
- February 11–12: Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show
- February 22: National Walk Your Dog Day
- 23rd of February: National Dog Biscuit Day
- February 25: Spay Day USA / World Spay Day
- Between February 7th and the 14th, we have to acknowledge Have a Heart for Chained Dogs Week
- February 27th: National Polar Bear Day! Alright, this isn’t pet-related, but we need to show our appreciation for our polar bear friends.
Common Questions on National Love Your Pet Day
All product and Company names are Trademarks™ or Registered® trademarks of their respective holders.
Disclosure: Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase CertaPet.com may earn a commission. Keep in mind that we link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission we receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.