Vet CBD Review: Is Vet CBD Oil the Best Choice for Your Pets?Reading Time: 4 minutes
The popularity of CBD products for pets has taken off in recent years. Our review of Vet CBD oil will enlighten you as to its efficacy as an alternative medication or treatment for your pet. How does this product measure up in the competitive field of CBD products? Read on to find out!
Disclaimer: CertaPet partners with Honest Paws.
What is Vet CBD?
Vet CBD is a company that formulates and provides CBD products for the pet market. The company is based in California and aims to bring premium quality, non-psychoactive cannabis to pets. Vet CBD offers a product range specially formulated by its founder, veterinarian Dr. Tim Shu.
CBD, or cannabidiol, is an extract from the cannabis plant. It is important to understand that CBD is non-psychoactive and as such your pet will not experience the “high” associated with marijuana when given Vet CBD oil. This natural, plant-based compound is non-toxic and offers many medicinal benefits for pets.
Understanding the Growing Trend of CBD for Pets
Pet owners worldwide are now recognizing the benefits of treating their fur babies with CBD products. This natural line of products helps pets to live a healthier, happier and longer life with none of the side effects parents fear for their furbabies.
CBD has become a preferred alternative to prescription medication for ailments such as joint pains, anxiety, phobias, and inflammation. This alternative treatment brings peace of mind to caring pet lovers.
The Many Benefits of CBD for Dogs
No loving pet owner wants their doggy to suffer unnecessarily, and now CBD oil and CBD dog treats bring welcome relief to pets as well as their owners.
As an organic-based alternative, CBD brings many wonderful benefits for dogs suffering from a variety of afflictions:
- Anxiety: Appropriate doses of CBD oil successfully alleviate stress-related symptoms, phobias, and separation or noise anxiety. Anti-anxiety medications may be mood-altering and have potentially hazardous side effects while CBD oil is safe and dependable.
- Seizures: While epilepsy is the basis for most pet seizures, other causes include reactions to ingesting poison or as result of a head injury or illness. Seizures may also merely be a once-off occurrence.
- Epilepsy: Clinical trials at James L. Voss Veterinary Teaching Hospital in Colorado have proven ground-breaking. They found a reduction in the frequency of seizures in 89% of dogs treated with CBD!
- Allergies: Before CBD oil, treatment for seasonal and environmental allergies and food allergens were antihistamine based. CBD offers an option other than medications with potentially adverse side effects.
- Nausea: Queasiness presents with vomiting for the most part, but your pup may also indicate loopiness by shaking, drooling, licking of lips, lethargy and refusing food. Signs of sickness may well be just a short-lived episode from ingesting something disagreeable, infections, parasites, or car sickness. It could however also be indicative of a chronic issue such as kidney disease or cancer.
- Arthritis: This degenerative joint disease causes reduced mobility, pain, swelling, and stiffness. Old age is not for the faint-hearted and many aged dogs develop arthritis. Common treatments include anti-inflammatory medications which may have adverse effects on the liver. Side effects don’t stop there, though, which speaks volumes for the safety and efficacy of CBD oil.
The Vet CBD Products Available
Vet CBD products are regulated by California cannabis regulations. Cannabinoid content in Vet CBD is therefore state-certified as accurate. All Vet CBD products are free from foreign materials, solvents, pesticides, and microbial agents.
Presently Vet CBD brings you cannabis tincture in 30ml and 60ml bottles. Each 30 ml bottle contains 125mg while 60ml bottles contain 250mg.
What’s Inside? A Look at the Vet CBD Oil Ingredients
Vet CBD products are virgin oil-based and considered safe for pets. The active ingredient is quite naturally the Cannabidiol (CBD) which is among 80 cannabinoid extracts from the cannabis plant. Vet CBD uses the whole flower from high quality, organically produced cannabis plants to produce quality products for pets.
It’s good for humans, and it’s good for fur babies. All natural, purely organic, without the unnecessary inclusion of additives like alcohol, sugar or solvents, go green for Fido’s wellbeing!
Yays and Nays: Vet CBD Reviews!
Here is what some Vet CBD customers had to say on Facebook:
“My pup has several bouts of HGE. We follow a recipe by a canine nutritionist and she hasn’t had a bout since. We use VetCBD to calm her tummy.” – Rebakah Marie
“It’s been a life saver for our 10 year old Rottweiler..(arthritis)” – Dean Jeanne Simonds
“My cat would not take it mixed in with food ..the flavor and scent was to strong…( weed)wasted fifty dollars..so disappointing, really had hopes it would help with her anxiety..any suggestions…?” – Toni Bourgoujian
The 2 problems that seem to come up most often is that the product is rather pricey, and that it can be difficult to source their products and that they aren’t readily available:
“Now if CA would just get rid of all the new taxes they imposed in 2018 so we could AFFORD this!” – Lynn Arwater
“Having a very hard time finding a location in 93420 that carries your product. My 3 dogs are need due to patella issues, serious shakes & anxiety. Please help. Were not getting any.” – Brett Wickstrom
CBD and Hemp Oil for Dogs: Choosing the Best CBD Products
A great many CBD products are available for pets, dogs in particular. Are we comparing apples with apples? Are they all comparable in quality and standards? These are valid concerns since the FDA does not regulate the industry. Check for reviews and choose reputable, trustworthy brands.
We are big fans of any Honest Paws products. Important considerations when choosing your products are:
- Manufacturer/supplier: Choose a pet-exclusive supplement manufacturer/supplier.
- Cultivation method: Select organically grown hemp, dried and cured without using pesticides and chemical fertilizers.
- CBD extraction method: Using CO2 to extract the CBD oil ensures a clean, high-quality concentrate which is also the safest and most effective extraction method.
- Price: Manufacturing is not FDA regulated and companies may use cheaper plant extraction methods. Affordable may therefore not always be advisable if proof of CO2 extraction and zero THC is not available. The maximum THC content to consider is under 0.3%, but zero is best. $50 for high-quality doggy CBD oil is the recommended starting price.
3 Things to Look for in the Best CBD Oil for Dogs
You want the best for your dog and to find the best CBD oil, keep an eye out for the following:
- Customer Reviews: The community is the best place to hear the truth about a product from the horse’s mouth.
- Company mission statements: Products formulated with a veterinarian or holistic veterinary consultant on staff are best. Find those companies supplying Certificate of Analysis and full dosing guides.
- Full money-back guarantee of satisfaction: Actions speak louder than campaign strategies, and companies offering full recompense really put their money where their mouth is.
Bottom Line: Why Vet CBD is Not Our #1 Favorite
Vet CBD earned rave reviews for their tincture, which is commendable. Many other brands offer a wider and more diversified range of CBD products for pets, which pushes Vet CBD down the list of favorites.
Another negative factor is accessibility since Vet CBD products are currently only available from limited retailers.
Affordability and a Limited Product Range
You would be hard pressed to find a price for either of the two products available for sale. Vet CBD currently offer only CBD tinctures for dogs, available in two sizes: 125mg or 250mg. Considering brands such as Honest Paws offer a range from tinctures to roasted and chewy treats and a whole lot in between, Vet CBD just cannot compete on the product range.
Common Questions on Vet CBD Oil for your Pets
All product and Company names are Trademarks™ or Registered® trademarks of their respective holders.
Disclosure: Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase CertaPet.com may earn a commission. Keep in mind that we link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission we receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.